Box-Office Update: 'DH: Part 1' snatches $61.2 million opening day
November 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM ET
HPANA (via Box-Office Mojo)
Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Box-Office, Warner Brothers,
Preliminary box-office reports are showing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 opening-day haul to be $61.2 million, the most in the franchise thus far.
The film is also on pace to make an attempt at the all-time November box-office record, chasing Twilight: New Moon which brought in $142.8 million.
Here is a breakdown of the past Potter movies opening weekends:
- Sorcerer's Stone: $90 million
- Chamber of Secrets: $88 million
- Prisoner of Azkaban: $93 million
- Goblet of Fire: $102 million
- Order of the Phoenix: $77 million
- Half-Blood Prince: $77 million
Check back on Sunday for a full box-office weekend report, as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 attempts to make box-office history.